Two to three months before listing:
- Conduct market research to establish the best price. Use USRealty.com tools to set the price most likely to draw in buyers.
- Assemble the legal documents you need to complete the sale and replace any missing documents.
- Conduct a search of public websites to detect any outstanding lien or other legal complication to completing the sale so you can clear up the problem.
- Walk through the house to identify touch-ups and repairs. (Our checklist helps.) Make a to-do list and tackle those projects.
- Line up any professionals you will need for closing, such as a real estate lawyer.
One month before market:
- Develop your marketing strategy.
- Gather the data you need to complete your USRealty.com listing.